What is a “Custom Massage”?
No two massages are the same. Especially in our practice. We customize each session to the individual needs of our clients within our modalities list. Depending on each client’s requests, we combine as many or all of our modalities to cater to their needs.
- Swedish – generally for relaxation & improved circulation, calming the nervous system.
- Deep tissue – good for chronic tension, muscle spasms, adhesion breakup & aiding to reset muscle memory
- Pre and postnatal – Reduced back pain & joint pain. Improved circulation. Reduced edema. Reduced muscle tension and headaches. Reduced stress and anxiety. Improved oxygenation of soft tissues and muscles. Better sleep.
- Acupressure – uses gentle to firm finger pressure in the pressure points and meridians much like acupuncture does with the use of needles. Good muscular tension releases, circulation of blood is promoted, and the body’s life force energy is enhanced to aid in healing.
- Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT) – treats the muscular and nervous systems. This medically-oriented form of massage addresses trigger points (tender muscles points), circulation, nerve compression, postural issues, and biomechanical problems.
- Sports – sports massage uses a variety of approaches to help athletes in training — before, during, or after sports events. promote flexibility and help prevent injuries, helps muscle strains, aiding healing after an injury.
- Hot Stone Massage – utilizing our special Synergy Stones for heat distribution, they relax muscles, increase circulation & help to break down adhesions that may be preventing muscles from healing properly.
If there’s a specific modality you’d prefer, let us know. Communication is key 🙂